Alpine Debuts Alpine Headphones
Moving beyond premium in-car entertainment systems, Alpine Electronics enters the consumer electronics arena with today’s launch of Alpine Headphones and the accompanying Alpine Level Play iPhone App. Designed specifically for digital-native millennials and combining the company’s legacy spirit and strong heritage brand, Alpine Headphones enhance users’ senses to deliver the ambiance of a dance party, nightclub or live concert so users will not only hear, but feel their music.
“Breaking the paradigm of how playback is done, we are delivering the first headphones that deliver a real audio experience,” said Tom Yamasaki, President of Alpine Electronics of Silicon Valley. “This experience immerses users as they feel, hear and see their music.”
Alpine Headphone experience allows users to:
- FEEL: Alpine’s patented TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology delivers a unique sound field expansion that recreates a live event sensation so users can feel the beat in their core.
- HEAR: Exceptional audio reproduction with user customizable sound settings.
- SEE: Users can interact with music via Level Play iPhone App.
The Alpine Level Play App scans, analyzes, and organizes the listener’s music library into “energy” levels. At playback, Level Play presents the listener with a randomized song flow from a particular “energy” level that can be tuned according to listener’s taste.
“If users want something to listen to while they work out, a high energy level would be best, whereas if you are winding down the day with a yoga session, something more mellow would probably suit the user best,” said Yamasaki. “In addition, users can share their experience of the user with others to add a social component to the experience.”
Designed specifically for digital-native millennials and combining the company’s legacy spirit and strong heritage brand, Alpine Headphones enhance users’ senses to deliver the ambiance of a dance party, nightclub or live concert so users will not only hear, but feel their music.
Alpine Headphones have merged deep technology and organic lifestyle into the shape of the headphones. Mirroring the complex and repetitious patterns in music, Alpine Headphones’ headband and iconic diamond shape design are layered harmoniously with a bold and impactful presence. With the pulsing bass transducer at the top of the headband marked with a stripe of the Alpine logo, users can take pride in Alpine’s history in premium audio and enjoy the uniquely Alpine sound.
Alpine Headphones Features
- TKR3 Full Frequency Immersion Technology: Unique sound field expansion that recreates a live concert like listening experience
- 24-bit stereo audio analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converter
- Powered Digital amplifiers
- 2 X 40 mm high performance drivers
- Fully programmable audio processing for separate bass and equalization
- Bluetooth Low Energy for easy-pairing with your iPhone device for user-programmable sound settings
- Level Play application, an application that scans, analyzes, and organizes the listener’s music library into “energy” levels. At Playback, Level Play presents the listener with a randomized song flow from a particular “energy” level
- Fixed rechargeable Li-ion battery with 10 hour capacity
- Dynamic circuitry allows for listening in case of fully depleted battery
- iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod ready audio cable with remote and microphone
- Available in Apollo White and Onyx Black
- Comes with: USB Charging cable, Audio Cable, and Headphone pouch
Alpine Headphones Specs
|Frequency response||15Hz - 24,000Hz|
|Sound pressure level||107dB ± 3dB at 1kHz max|
|Total harmonic distortion||<0.1%at1mW/1kHz|
Pricing & Availability
Alpine Headphones are available now at all Apple retail stores and online on October 17th, 2014 for a suggested retail price of $299. The headphones come with a USB charging cable, audio cable and headphone pouch. The app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store.
- Oct 11, 2014
Sony Introduces MDR-Z7, MDR-1ADAC and XBA-Z5 Headphones And PHA-3 Headphone AmpFurther continuing the commitment to bring premium High-resolution audio to consumers everywhere, Sony today introduced an expanded range of portable audio options to enjoy Hi-Res sound on-the-go. These headphone cables, engineered in partnership with Kimber Kable namely for use with the MDR-Z7 ultimate Hi-Res headphone include: the MUC-B12SM1 High-Performance Portable Audio Headphone Cable (1.2m with 1/8” stereo connectivity), the MUC-B20BL1 High-Performance Balanced Audio Headphone Cable (2.0m with balanced stereo L/R connectivity), and the MUC-B30UM1 High-Performance Connecting Cable (3.0m with 1/3” stereo connectivity)...
- Sep 25, 2014
Bose Unveils New SoundTrue and SoundSport HeadphonesToday, Bose unveils its new SoundTrue in-ear headphones and SoundSport in-ear headphones, each offering superior audio reproduction, features that are ideal for mobile devices, and a variant for select Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad models and Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. ..
- Sep 18, 2014
JVC Introduces Four New Models Of Waterproof Sports HeadphonesMusic is the perfect workout partner and for those who want to liven up their workout, JVC has four new sports headphones that include waterproof and washable options, all designed to stay in place during the most vigorous sports or workout activities. The new JVC HA-ETX30 and HA-ETR40 Extreme Fitness headphones feature JVC’s new Pivot Motion Fit, a soft rubber rotating hook that fits within the part of the ear just above the ear canal to provide an ultra-secure yet very comfortable fit...
- Sep 15, 2014
Bose Announces SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth HeadphonesToday, Bose announces addition to the iconic SoundLink line of mobile audio solutions, the SoundLink Bluetooth on-ear headphones, the first on-ear Bluetooth headphones from Bose. Now, new offerings join the family: the SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker is the most affordable and lightest speaker option, and SoundLink Bluetooth headphones extend the line for wireless personal listening...
- Sep 4, 2014
Harman Kardon Soho Wireless HeadphonesHarman marries superlative sound and wireless freedom with stunning aesthetics in the new Harman Kardon Soho Wireless headphones. Harman marries superlative sound and wireless freedom with stunning aesthetics in the new Harman Kardon Soho Wireless headphones...